Living Waters would like to let you know that we’ve joined Amazon smile, and you can find the link in the footer of any page on our website, or you can find the link in the menu by going to “Donations”. When you use this link to shop on Amazon, a percentage of your purchase amount will go to help us in our mission work. You can click here as well.
Good News from Living Waters Feeding Center!
“Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land.” Proverbs 25:25
Far away, in the little village of Kaswanga, Kenya, 100 orphans are cared for at the Living Waters Intl Feeding Center. They come to the feeding center for daily meals, medical care and school uniforms which allow them to attend school. But this year everything changed and we are filled with thankfulness at the way God has blessed the children at Living Waters during this time of incredible challenges! We want to say thank you to each one of you who helped to sustain the feeding of over 100 children in Kenya this year, likely saving them from starvation.
- The children did not go hungry. In March the Feeding Center had to stop serving meals to the the children. Instead we were able to give beans and maize to the children and their guardians to take home. This gave our orphans and their families food to eat!
- The children are healthy. The local clinic where the children go to receive care when they have malaria or injuries became a Covid-19 ward and there was no medical care available to our children. Miraculously, not one of our children has needed medical care during this time!
- The children have grown spiritually. The schools have been closed since March. Churches were also closed for a time. The churches were allowed to reopen recently and we received the happy news that three of our Living Waters girls chose to be baptized. They are pictured below on their baptism day:
- School is reopening January 4! In Kenya, the schools have been closed since the start of the pandemic and 2020 is now considered a “lost year” for most school children. In January the children will go back to school and pick up their studies again. With schools reopening, the Feeding Center will be able to resume serving daily meals to the children once again!
- The children have grown physically! The children have benefited from having food to eat and have grown taller. This means that we will now need 100 new school uniforms. This is a good thing and we will certainly need your help to accomplish this. The new uniforms will cost $5,000 and this has not been in the budget as all our resources were used to feed the children. If you can make a special donation just mark your donation for uniforms.
- We sincerely thank each one of you who have helped us to make it through this year. We believe that God led us to begin this program after our first trip to Kenya in 2005. We are thankful that feeding children has been our focus so that we were able to provide the one thing that was most needed in 2020: food.
- We don’t know what 2021 will bring, but we trust God will direct us and provide what is needed just as he has done this year.
How to Help
$50.00 pays for one school uniform and a pair of school shoes
$150.00 pays for three uniforms and three pairs of school shoes
$500.00 pays for ten school uniforms and ten pairs of school shoes
$1000.00 pays for 20 school uniforms and 20 pairs of school shoes
Ways to Donate:
Mail: Mail a check to 1107 S Beeline #4 Payson AZ 85541
Phone: Call 928-978-4663 to make a donation by credit or debit card.